Monday, January 30, 2012

Kylie's Chicken Parm Rolls

First, I started some quick homemade pasta sauce.

While that was simmering, I pounded four chicken breasts out thin.

In a food processor, I mixed some low-fat cottage cheese (probably about 3/4-1 cup), some minced garlic (a couple of teaspoons), and some Italian herb seasoning.  I mixed those until they were about the consistency of ricotta cheese.  I then added about four cups or so of fresh baby leaf spinach.  I pulsed the spinach in the processor until it was chopped.  Then I spread the mixture over one side of the chicken, and rolled them up.

In a small bowl, I combined some grated Parmesan cheese, and some whole-wheat Italian style bread crumbs.  I rolled each of the chicken wraps in the breadcrumb mixture, placed them in a baking dish, and then added some marinara sauce to the top of the wraps.

I covered the dish with foil, and baked it for about 40 minutes at 375.  I then took the foil off, added some fresh mozzarella, and then let it melt and brown a little for another five minutes or so.

(PS- I told you I don't like to measure ingredients!)

No comments:

Post a Comment